So this is my scarf beginnings - as you can see the odd lengths, and weird loops developing. This is just a test - so I am not worried about my poor choice of yarm. I should have chosen something with a little more structure, and am thinking of using up one of the initial birch dyed wool that never got greyified. The encouraging thing is that it looks ok-ish - but is as easy as pie. That is very reassuring in a project that you make up. ^_^
Grant’s hat is developing ok too - just stockinette on circ needles, and it is getting bigger very quickly. About 10 rows I realised that the navy I bought wasn’t going to go the whole way, so I have put a couple of white stripes in. I hope he likes it! [Stockinette beanies are pretty boring.]
I think I am going to have to attempt something more complex to develop my skills - it is too boring to think I will only ever knit smooth rectangles.